Sunday, April 4, 2010

Talented

I am REALLY good at squeezing in things to do while home. Although I'd love to be a million places all at once, I wasn't able to fit in everyone this trip, but I did get a chance to see some people outside of taking care of my mom. Sorry I have zero pictures. Maybe talented isn't the right word...

The first day I was there, Ann picked me up from the airport, and we went to a restaurant called BJ's for lunch. Lunch was okay, but they had this thing called a Pizookie, which is a cookie baked in a small pizza pan topped with ice cream. They should drop the stupid name and call it Heaven. It was really nice to catch up with Ann face to face and one on one, it's been a while! After that, she drove me to the hospital so I could see my Mom before my sister came to pick me up to see our Dad. I'm lucky my family is obligated to drive me around, otherwise I would have been hosed without a car! My dad was headed to Hawaii later in the week with my brother's family, so I wanted to see him before he headed off to Paradise. We chatted, ate Burgermaster, and played with the twins.

That night I had the great idea to see as many people as I could, since my Mom wasn't home yet and I had the house to myself, and a car. Unfortunately, I flew all day (up at 1:00am Seattle time, flew for 9 hours...) and my body reminded me that that wasn't an option. I got home from my Dad's at 7 and fell asleep on the couch by 7:15. I then moved myself to my bed at 8:15 and slept until 8:15 the next day. It's a good thing I did too, because sleep was sparse the week after!

Horia came over on Tuesday night and we caught up for a bit before I kicked him out so my Mom could get some sleep. Peder & Macy came over on Wednesday night to eat dinner and catch up - they were getting ready to go on their honeymoon to Guatemala (or Guadalajara - I'm not kidding, I can't remember) so it was fun to see how they've been enjoying married life in the hobbit house. Side note - if you live in Woodinville or Redmond and you drive past the Minea Farm, the cider place, look for the circular house just to the left of the property. That's their house!

Wednesday afternoon I was able to sneak away for a bit to run some errands. I had to get some more groceries and my mom's pills, but I also went to see Ann to pick up the money from the car and to see some old Horace Mann teaching friends! After that, I quickly snuck over to Susie's school to say hi which was fun - St. Patty's Day, 1st graders, surprise visit. That nasty leprechaun sure did mess up her room, but their traps were pretty clever. I was only there for about 15 minutes, but it was so good to see Susie since I didn't get to see her at Christmas time.

After that, I drove to my bank to drop off the money, and then made a stop at Rick & Anna Marie's house to see Gwen & Fiona! Those girls are so cute, it was nice to see them!

Thursday night meant that the Wilsonville Beans were coming up before their trip to Hawaii with my Dad! We hung for a bit that night, but it was so nice to spend Friday just hanging out. Madi and I went out and got Blazing Bagels for breakfast, and Papa Murphys for dinner - it was a nice carby day.

On Saturday, I had a quick hour to go run and see Horia and Caroline for a quick lunch, before getting another prescription for my Mom and a quick hug from the Glasseys before going home to hang with Mom for one more day.

The 9 days flew by, and although I was busy with my Mom most of the time, I'm glad my friends were able to work around my schedule so I could see a couple of them - I'm sorry to those that didn't get a call or visit. Don't take it personal!

No comments:

Post a Comment