Sunday, April 4, 2010

Baseball Widow

Every other sport widow has it pretty easy. Normal sports have a shorter season. But no. Conor had to go and choose an 8 month sport. My life is officially over. We went to a college game the other day, and I must have been in a good mood when he originally asked, because that mood quickly changed when we got there. I don't mind going to games - in fact, I really enjoy watching baseball live in person. But when he goes to work, he has to leave me behind for the first part of the game usually so he can watch closer up. This particular match-up brought a lot of scouts to the game, and I was surrounded by about 25 scouts. 25 men looking at the blond idiot in the middle of their pack. Fun. Not to mention that I walked to the car after the 6th inning because I was sick of being cold and rainy. Needless to say, I won't be going to many college games this season. In fact, I won't be going to anymore college games this season. He has baseball buddies for that. I have reality TV to watch.

We did go to a Bulls game this Saturday, and it was a lot of fun - Durham Bulls vs. Tampa Bay Rays. The Rays are the parent team to the Bulls (they're the 3A team) so it was half of a major league game. It was 81 degrees out, I was hankering for a foot-long, and the stadium is really nice. We had a great time - that kind of game is more my style.


Conor and his baseball widow


There are no 7-11's in North Carolina. This didn't quite cut it, but it definitely hit the spot on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment