Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kick-Ass Scientist Gathering!

That title has a double meaning. We had a scientist gathering to go see Kick-Ass, and the scientist gathering was kick-ass!

Conor & I met up in Raleigh with Scientist Finn, Scientist Davis, Davis' girlfriend Maria, and Scientist Craig. We ate dinner at McAlister's Deli and chatted about sciencing. It's always fun to get together and share funny stories from our days of meeting hundreds of kids a week. One of these days I am going to figure out how to do one of those side-bar thingy-majiggers and write at least one funny kid comment a day. Now I'm going to be held accountable. Conor, if you're reading this - get on it! These stories are just way too funny not to share.

After dinner and random stories, we headed over to the theater to see Kick-Ass! I really liked it - Conor was on the fence, but he still enjoyed it. The real show was the random couple that sat right in front of Davis and Maria. Wow. I tried several times to take a picture, but it was too dark in the theater. Snap. One of life's regrets...

Every time there was something mildly funny in the movie, the guy (bigger dude, tall, baggy-ish clothes, gross-blonde hair in a braid down to his butt crack - visual necessary, hence the serious regret over the lack of photographic evidence) he would convulse in his chair he was laughing so hard. We're talking swaying back and forth, guffawing as loud as possible. It was priceless. The highlight for me though, is the story I'm about to share.

I don't want to tell you too much about the movie, but if you've seen the trailer, you know about Hit-Girl. Hit-Girl is pretty much the star of the movie, and she lives up to her name. When you first see her in her superhero get-up, the guy turns to his girlfriend/wife/World of Warcraft online gaming buddy, and says "That is TOTALLY going to be our daughter!" Wow. This will make much more sense if you see the movie, but wow. I was crying I was laughing so hard. It took me almost 3 minutes just to get it out to tell Conor what had happened. I have no idea what happened in the movie next, I had too many tears in my eyes. You've gotta love nerds and their high hopes. Sorry weirdo couple that sat in front of Davis and Maria, you're daughter will never be that cool. Never ever.

Go see Kick-Ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment