Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Simpsons Sing the Blues

Holy blast from the past, Batman! Conor and I were sitting here listening to the 12 gents sing on American Idol and John Park started singing "God Bless the Child" by Billie Holiday. However, Billie Holiday wasn't the first person I thought of when I heard John Park. I listened to a certain yellow-haired lady sing that song many nights in my room, using my cassette player alarm clock.



Oh yes, I'm talking about The Simpsons Sing The Blues. It's pretty ridiculous how much I played that tape when I was a kid. I knew all the words to every single song, so when I started singing along with John Park, it caught me off guard a bit as to why I knew all the words. But I figured it out. Then I promptly kissed my internet-savvy husband for finding the song on youtube without having to ask. Go ahead. Enjoy. And feel free to listen to the rest of the album too.

No comments:

Post a Comment