Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Boo!

I love haunted houses. I hate haunted houses, but I love haunted houses. I talk the talk while standing in line, but once I walk into the haunted house, I get jelly leg and the screaming may begin.

Conor & I found a haunted house to go to out here in Clayton, NC called Clayton Fear Farm. It's about 45 minutes away, but I was really excited! It was quite the production because the place wasn't very easy to find, we had to go down the street to an ATM for cash, and someone parked us into our spot and. We finally had everything in order, and I was a little worried about the sketchiness of this place, but that can sometimes add to the scariness! When we walked up to pay, there were 7 different attractions. One cost $10. 4 cost $30. All 7 cost $40. Conor and I opted for the cheap thrill and paid $10 each for one attraction. Oh man.

We chose the Slaughterhouse after a recommendation from a group of teenagers. It was a small little building, so walking in, I didn't think we were going to be all that impressed. Who am I kidding. Put me in a dark room, and I'll scream. Put me in a room where someone could easily sneak up behind me and I will cling to Conor's shirt like I'll never let go. Make me look over my shoulder hundreds of times and I will curse like a sailor. There were probably about 3 people actually inside the building to scare us, with little rooms set up along the way, but I screamed the whole way. I'd say we were in there for no more than 3 minutes, and that's being generous. Worth $10? Absolutely not. Would I do it again? Yes.

By the way, if you're in WA, you HAVE to go to the Sammamish haunted house at Beaver Lake. It's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment