Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wedding Weekend

Conor's buddy Mike was getting married on August 22nd, and the Dudes made sure to get together as much as possible.  The Friday before the wedding, Conor and I took a ferry ride over to Whidbey Island to hang out at the Keeton family residence - it's a beautiful house close to the water and a wonderful getaway destination.  Conor and I joined Katie, Kelly, Matt and Fernando just in time for what I assume is a typical Kelly Keetonesque dinner: mac & cheese pizza and twinkie dogs.





Before I tell you what happened next, I would like to share a piece of my childhood. I have a wonderful brother. I love him very much, but he has scarred me for life. The wasted hours I spent with all 3 of his friends. The tears over not wanting to do it. The torture that lasted no less than 3 hours of my life at a time. Those are hours I can't get back. Although I may be scarred, at least I have learned from my past, and I have made an oath that I shall never force myself to participate in such a hellish act ever again.

The boys and Katie played Risk.



I read Us Magazine and ate Oreos. Not all was lost.



After The-Game-That-Shall-Not Be-Named, I played Tetris for a bit, Kelly did a side project that will be detailed in more length in it's own blog post, and Fernando did what any 27 year-old man would do after a day of heavy drinking - he steamed his tie.



We all woke up the next morning and headed to Bellingham for Mike & Jenn's big day! After helping Kelly set up the music , we all headed to Mike's house to hang before the wedding. Seeing as how Katie and I don't have quite the same parts as the boys, we tried to stay in the background as much as possible - hopefully we didn't bug anyone! The boys were needed for pictures, so we all headed toward a beautiful hotel in Bellingham to join Mike and Katie, and then we made our way to the wedding venue - Broadway Hall.

I can't say enough nice things about the ceremony. Mike and Jenn planned an event that completely captured everything that is wonderful about the two of them. They walked down the aisle to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," read their own wonderful vows to each other (there was definitely a Rick Roll and allergies mentioned...), and their wedding program was a lot of fun too (definitely an RIP to Woody on the back.) Here are some highlights from the program:

I knew I would marry Jenn when: She still laughed, despite the ever declining quality of my jokes.
Biggest disagreement Michael and I have is over: How often to change the litter box and if it actually smells or if I am just "imagining" it. (Mike had a similar answer: Kitty Litter Management Techniques)
Interesting facts about Michael: He has read the entire internet.

After the ceremony, we were sent upstairs for the reception, which included some wonderful toasts provided by friends and family, and of course in true Mike & Jenn fashion, lots of dancing.




Jenn's dress was BEAUTIFUL!



Gotta have a picture of the Dudes - I can't believe 3/5 of this equation is married!



Conor and I didn't get to stay as long as we wanted because we had to drive home that night so he could catch an early flight to NC the next day, but we offered to take Fernando and his car back to Mike's place safely, as he was a bit inebriated and didn't want to hurt his baby. No offense to Mike and Jenn, but there's a good chance that this was the highlight of the day for Conor.




We had a wonderful time celebrating Mike & Jenn, and I'm so happy for them - love you guys, thanks for sharing your special day with us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment