Sunday, September 20, 2009

Uh oh.

I have a problem. After a jam-packed summer, my life just became very boring, and I have no blogging material. Being unemployed, having no friends in NC, and not wanting to spend any money has left me trapped in our apartment. Conor is very sweet and tries to entertain me after work as much as he can, but he's tired from working and I have too much energy. I try to occupy my time doing useful things, but our apartment is pretty damn clean and I can't think of much else to do but surf the internet and watch countless hours of TV. Misery loves company, so here's what I do all day - check out these shows and sites - if you find yourself at home on a weekday, let me be your guide to wasting the entire day!

Shows to watch:

Law & Order - Special Victims Unit or Criminal Intent are my favorites. There is something so wonderful about having closure every hour - it really is like little mini movies that can hold my ADD attention span long enough. USA Network rocks my world, I tend to watch from about 10-3 everyday. I SWEAR I'm doing other things! Conor comes home for lunch and I sometimes shower.

Ellen Show - She's hilarious and fully entertaining.

Oprah - only sometimes, she's not as entertaining as she used to be.

Cops - I think this may be the most depressing blog post I'll ever write. Do I really do this all day long? I have a feeling that this will make me get off my butt more and do something.

Design shows/food network/history - i watched a special on Multiple Personality Disorders the other day. It's kind of like I'm going to college, right?

Websites to check out:

loltatz.com: Some are a little raunchy, so if you have a weak stomach (and don't want to see possible genitalia), don't go. It's amazing to see what people are willing to get PERMANENTLY tattooed on their body. Or in some cases, the fact that people do not spell check their tattoos. Seriously people, it is permanent. PERMANENT. Did I mention that they're permanent?

Awkward Family Photos: This one never disappoints. I may have a soft spot in my heart for this one because I have a photo that could easily go up on this website - let's just say I was growing out my bangs so I had waves for bangs, and I was mid-blink. I look hecka stoned. Next time I'm home I'll try and scan the picture, but anyone who has been to my house has seen it.

manbabies.com: They take a picture of a baby and an adult, and they switch their heads using photoshop. It's hilarious. I need to give credit to my cousin Rick on this site - they don't update very often, but it cracks me up. It may crack me up more because I can actually hear Rick laughing. He has the best laugh of anyone I know.

The Pioneer Woman: I love Ree, she makes me laugh, and her life on the ranch is totally entertaining. And I'm going to continue to enter all of her contests until I win something for free.

DListed or Perez: I have to have my celebrity gossip, and this is normally where I get it. It's totally a waste of my time, and I love every minute of it.

Craigslist: One of the many reasons I have not found a job yet is because I'm not willing to change diapers at a daycare center, and that is about all I can find on here. I'll keep checking!

Facebook & Twitter: Guilty - I check 'em a lot.

Okay, enough. I'm done embarrassing myself - it was all a joke! Everyday I volunteer at the local "insert great charity/cause here" and it sustains my soul as I strive to find full time employment. Yeah. Yeah, that sounds way better. Aren't you all proud of me? (Really though, you should check out those websites - very entertaining.)

3 comments:

  1. So, you're bored...Sounds like a good time to have a baby!!! Or read a book. Either way. I'll leave it up to you. (PS Have you read "The Hunger Games"? VERY GOOD.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too cute. I can give you stuff to do :) Will you send me your address? I don't have it handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take up knitting!! i'm sure in that humid weather you need some knit caps! Or become a budget gourmet?

    I had a little panic today (ie day one) when I realized i don't have tv and am not interesting enough to do anything else. sigh.

    ReplyDelete