Sunday, September 6, 2009

Matt & Liz, sittin' in a tree...

There are a few things you'll need to know for this blog post to make sense, so bear with me. Kelly, Mike and Conor are now all married. Fernando seems to be in a pretty serious relationship, and Matt is currently single. This was really bothering Matt during Mike's wedding weekend, and he kept mentioning that he was never going to meet anyone (mostly while intoxicated, but still...) After a thrilling game of Risk, Kelly wrote a Craigslist ad pretending to be Matt looking for a date to the wedding the next day. When Kelly showed Matt the ad, the only thing he seemed to be upset about was that Kelly said he graduated from WWU in 2005 instead of 2004, and we all went to bed hoping that tomorrow someone would reply to the post!

Around 2 o'clock on the day of the wedding, a random girl texted Matt asking if he was still looking for a date to the wedding, and pretty soon they were texting back and forth getting to know each other and making plans for the day. She ended up sending him picture texts of her two dress options, and unbeknownst to her, there were about 10-12 guys weighing in on what dress she should wear, and whether or not Matt should go to the wedding with her. Matt planned to meet her out in front of the wedding venue at 6:30, and she would be wearing the boobylicious brown number in picture text #1.

I felt like an 8 year old on Christmas morning, the anticipation was killing me! Conor and I were sitting on the other side of the ceremony when she walked in and I couldn't wipe the stupid smile off my face - the girl actually showed up, and all things considered, she wasn't that bad looking! Only Matt McGovern...



I haven't spoken to Matt since the night of the wedding, but from the looks of things, he seemed to be mildly interested in the girl - she wasn't sent home after the ceremony, so that's a good sign. They sat at our table, chatted a lot, and danced a bit as well. I, on the other hand, couldn't handle watching - all I kept thinking of was the quality blogging I could do on the subject. I wish I had snuck a few more pictures, but she was too busy taking pictures herself - her with the bride, her with the bride and groom, her with the groom, her with Matt, her with Fernando. We were all wondering if Matt would hit it out of the park, but alas, he only made it to first base. Congrats on your first Craigslist date Matt - and thank you for providing me with a great story I can tell everyone I know - I hope you don't mind that it became blogging material! I guess I should have emailed you first, but I don't know which email address to use...

2 comments:

  1. Is this an E! Hollywood True Story? That has got to be one the wackiest blind-date-ish/internet dating story I've heard in a while. Here's hoping it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?!? This is the BEST story ever!!! I have always wanted to say "I know someone who got a date off of Craigslist"...now I get to say "I know someone who knows someone who got a date for a wedding off of Craigslist!" -- gosh, I feel so cool. Tell Matt I say thanks!

    ReplyDelete