Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh Mickey, you're so fine...

I found out I was heading home for the summer halfway through May. Since I work in the classrooms, and not every school in North Carolina is year-round, there wasn't going to be a lot of classrooms for me to visit this summer. So, my sister was kind enough to "hire" me to take care of the kids once they finished Kindergarten. I couldn't pass it up - I love spending time with Ali & Pax, and this gave me a chance to see all my friends and family for 2+ months!

I had already planned on going home for at least 3 weeks this summer, but adding about 6 extra weeks was really exciting! Sun River, a trip to Utah, a visit to Oregon, Corene's bachelorette party and wedding, back to Ellensburg to reminisce, day trips with the twins, taking it easy with Horia and Caroline, catching a Mariners game - I couldn't wait to get home.

Before I left, I got together with all of my science friends to celebrate some birthdays. 3 out of 4 of our bosses all share a birthday within two weeks of each other. Betsy was kind enough to hold it at her house, and I offered to make the cake. The entire Ricard-Williams family LOVES Disneyland, and I couldn't resist making the traditional Mickey cake.




Thank you for hosting Scientist Wilson!


Hailey really liked the cake.


Blowing out the candles.

It was nice to just kick back and hang out with friends knowing I was going to be leaving for a few months. But, I still had a visitor coming to NC, and I couldn't wait to show her around!

No comments:

Post a Comment