Wednesday, October 27, 2010

GuglDukeFarm

Since I was going to be gone most of the summer, Conor planned a nice day for us to enjoy together before I left him to eat cereal and take out for a few months.

Our first stop was to a German bakery called Guglhupf - the breakfast was pretty good, but the actual bakery was amazing. I couldn't pronounce the name of anything we ate, but it didn't matter - it was so good. I also loved the location - they had some quirky art there, it's somewhere I want to take Bill & Ann when they get here (hint, hint.)




Conor's pick - his was better than mine, but don't tell him that.


Whatever "tasty peach tart" is in German, is what this was called.


This cute little pig greeted us on the way in.


What do you think he's made out of? I can't tell, I think it might be propane tanks or something.

Next stop was to the Sarah P. Duke gardens. This sounded like a fun idea in theory. I'm just speculating, but I'm pretty sure it was approximately 110 degrees out on this particular Saturday. The gardens are gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but Cheryl and 110 just don't get along. At all. I melted about 10 minutes into our adventure, and begged Conor to take me anywhere with air conditioning. I'm looking forward to going back to the gardens some day when it's only about 75 degrees out.


Just because I was miserable on the inside doesn't mean I had to show it on the outside. Hiding in the shade before we turned around to go back to the car.

Our last stop was to the Maple View Farm. Oh man, I thought I liked the bakery! This place is in the middle of nowhere, but totally worth it. Out in front of the shop is a wrap-around porch with about 20 rocking chairs. Inside, they have 10-15 ice cream flavors to choose from. Think Theno's Dairy, but 3 times the size, out in the middle of nowhere, and on an actual farm! I had the best cookies and cream ice cream I think I've ever had.


Aww...

Just a few days after our date, I was on a plane headed home for a summer of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment