Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I like that I'm writing this 4th of July post on Halloween. It just seems right.

Conor flew into Washington a few days before the 4th to spend 3 weeks at home. The second he got home, I dropped him off at Fernando's house so they could have a bachelor party for him since Fernando and Glenda were getting married in September. We got to spend the 4th together, and we were both pretty tired after our bachelor/bachelorette parties. I'm not sure what to call Corene's husband, because at the time he was a fiance, but since I'm 3 months behind, he officially became a husband, so we're just going to call him Dave. Follow?

Dave's parents live out in Monroe on a beautiful patch of land that overlooks the Sky Valley. Conor, Corene, Dave, Horia, Caroline, Brandi, Martin, Corene's cousin Chandra, and a bunch of Dave's family and friends were there to celebrate together. There was great food, a swimming pool, hot tub, and s'mores pit, but my favorite discovery of the night came from the Brakke's - cornhole. It's an outdoor game, and it's my new favorite. I will make a set sometime, I think it might be my new project (that means it'll take at least a year to finish.)


I'm obnoxious, but this sort of gives you an idea of their view. Well, not really. Whatever. I apparently didn't take pictures of anything that we actually did, so this will have to do.


In true Washington fashion, it was FREEZING outside. Cheryl, Corene, Caroline and Martin.

We had a great time hanging out, and the night ended with a sky full of fireworks. Although the fireworks were far away, we must have had over 10 different shows to look at. Thank you to the Repnik family for having us over for the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment