Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks!

I'm headed to San Diego for a Glassey family reunion and I can't wait - it's going to be a lot of fun! We're jamming as much as we can into a short stay, including DISNEYLAND, Thanksgiving dinner, and staying at a nice hotel for some pampering. Needless to say, I'll be away from the computer for a few days, so I wanted to make sure I shared all the things I am thankful for. This list is in no particular order.

* Conor - Let's not lie, this man has to be pretty special if I'm willing to move across the country for him. Well, he is. Conor is the best, and I am so fortunate to have him as my hub rub (do I need to remind you of Twilight and New Moon...)

* The Fam Damily - Mom, Dad, Jean, Kathy, Ann, Bill, Megan, Jon, Jen, Madi, Livi, Gabi, Denise, Ali, Pax, Greg, Kari, Max - they're all pretty awesome in my book. I can't wait to see them all at Christmas.

* Friendship - I've got the greatest. They make me smile, laugh, and make me miss home like crazy! A circle is round. It has NO end. That's how long I want to be your friend.

* Coca Cola - I feel like my life would end without it. Not kidding.

* Ice Cream - Yum.

* The internet - I have oodles of time now, and I somehow seem to waste a lot of it on this new fandangled contraption called the internet. You guys should look into it, I think it's going to change the world.

* The Pioneer Woman - I love her, her cookbook, and her country life. I feel like we'd be best friends if she knew me (although, I think that of most celebrities - Ellen Degeneres, Rob Dyrdek, Andy Samberg.)

* A job - And a job I can tolerate, at that! I may miss my unemployed days now, but I don't miss not having a paycheck, so I think I'll keep it for a while. I need to get a sidebar soon for my blog with all the things I hear the kids say. Yesterday I was teaching a lesson on space, and a kid asked where the Universe ended. I called on another student and she shared that it ended at Heaven, when we can no longer breath and we die. Interesting.

* My hot pink DSi - Merry Christmas to me - thanks Conor!

* Pedicures - I haven't had one in a while. The last time I did in NC, she BUTCHERED my big toe and I think it's because I opted for the cheaper pedi. Geesh. I can't wait to go home to my Magic Nail!

* Baked Goods - I like baking. I like eating. I like eating my baking. I like other people eating my baking and enjoying said baking.

* Zip up hoodies - they complete my wardrobe.

Puppy kisses, halloween candy, the Christmas spirit, reality TV, Guitar Hero, the library, when Conor does the dishes, the Orville Redenbacher popcorn machine, my former 4th graders and McAuliffe fam, American Eagle underwear, hair things, magnets, Gary the Go-Kart, southern food, ceiling fans. Love, life, friendship, laughter, and new adventures!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and keep in mind what it's all about. I'll tell Mickey you said hi.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you and Conor had a great Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date at magic nail when you come home?

    BTW, when do you come home? I'm going to be sitting at home attempting to not rot my brain on tv all day from the 9th - 4th (that's like a MONTH)

    "Make new friends but keep the OOOOOLLD. One is silver and the other gold." You're the gold bean.

    ReplyDelete