Monday, November 23, 2009

Friday

Conor is a trooper. Honestly. He should probably win a medal for husband of the year! Conor watched Twilight with me last weekend, in preparation for seeing New Moon this weekend! Hey, he's the one that moved me out to NC away from people that would have WANTED to see it with me! He can still have the award, I guess.

Friday was a crazy day at work with the critters, and when I got home cooking was not high on my list of things I wanted to do... We went to dinner at Moe's, which is kind of similar to Acapulco Fresh or Taco Del Mar. Not as good, but a good enough substitute. Then we walked around a strip mall for a bit before heading to the theater. Oh man.

We decided not to go to Southpoint Mall to see the movie, because I thought the teeny-boppers would be there in full force. We went to a much smaller theater, and the crowd we were with was actually in their mid-20's for the most part. We sat in the back, and started the people watching.

Highlights: the girl sitting next to us was probably about 17, and came to the movie by herself. I kept waiting for her friends to show, but she came by herself, and she was not shy about expressing her feelings about what was happening on screen. The first time the crowd sees Jacob with his shirt off, all the girls hooted and hollered. Not my friend next to me. "Oh hell no, you guys crazy? He ugly." She just kept saying things here and there that made Conor and I giggle every time. Another highlight happened after the movie. 2 girls in front of us stood up to stretch after the movie, and the one friend turned to the other and said "Man, that was WAY better the second time!" The movie had been open for LESS THAN A DAY! Good stuff.

So, now for my review. I love these books. When Conor moved to NC last year, I came home a bit bummed out - my mom was out of town so the house was empty, school was starting in one week and I was incredibly busy, and the Con-Man was already busy with work, so I started reading the books. I finished all 4 in two weeks (reminder - week before school started, and first week of school) and couldn't wait to see the movies (although, I wasn't in love with all the casting choices.) I honestly think that people that have not read the books, shouldn't even bother watching the movies. The acting is atrocious, but I could care less. I loved that movie because it reminded me of everything I loved about the books. The same thing goes for New Moon. The acting is better than in the first one, and the story line is a bit more exciting, and I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to see it with Caroline when I get home!! Woot woot!

1 comment:

  1. Con went with you to THE ultimate chick flick? Now that is love. Is New Moon better than the first? Definitely (like that would be hard to do). Is it a "good" movie? Doubtful. Is is a fun indulgence? Delicious. Too bad we couldn't find some decent actors for these movies that could, you know, act!

    ReplyDelete